Rutland Prison Camp Hospital

gardening[1] In 1903 the General Court established an industrial camp for prisoners. The prisoners were serving sentences for minor offenses like drunkenness. The prisoners created a working farm on 150 acres.
In 1907 a 30 bed hospital was built for prisoners who were afflicted with tuberculosis. The prison camp and hospital were abandoned in 1934 due to the fact the property was built on drainage area for water supply.